Saturday, January 26, 2008

New Hero: R. D. Steckler

O.K., so why hasn't Ray Dennis Steckler been on my radar?

I watched the amazing Rat Pfink a Boo Boo last night and was blown away! Forget the silly costumes and the gorilla, how about using a claw hammer to dial a telephone! The film lasts only sixty minutes but seems twice as long. The "chain guy" stalking Cee Bee could be the dullest ten minutes on film.

Not much more than a tinted black and white home movie, it's hard to believe people may have actually paid to see this at the drive-in.

The DVD contains an interview with the man himself. IMDB states he was born in 1939; here he says he was born in '38. The DVD trailer contains previews of the horrific Lemon Grove Kids (an homage to the Bowery Boys with R.D. in the "Satch" role), which I promoted to the top of my Netflix Queue.

See it now, and nominate R.D. for president!

No comments:

Friends that help me support this site!