Wednesday, October 22, 2008

ALVIN SUES THIS BLOGSITE!

On October 20, Alvin Seville filed a libel suit against this blog site http://crummyandhardtofind.blogspot.com . Seville, former lead singer of the group “Alvin and the Chipmunks” is seeking damages of $300,000, claiming the website has been publishing false statements that have impacted his solo nightclub act. Alvin also accuses site owner Lang Jeffries Jr. of ruining his dry cleaning business. According to Jeffries, the site does not carry adequate blogging insurance
Word on the street is that Langfilms, the motion picture distribution company owned by Lang Jeffries Jr., refused to buy Alvin’s self-serving autobiographical screen treatment titled “Alvin:That’s the Way it is”. Per the screen play, Alvin himself had masterminded the trio’s success but was eventually “pushed out” by bad decisions made by others, including gay brother Simon.
However, Alvin’s former bodyguard Red “Nutty” East confirms the statements made in Lang’s blog with his own recent tell-all book, “Alvin: What Happened”. Nutty paints a picture of a spoiled superstar who had the spotlight way too early in life. As the trio’s popularity waned in the mid-seventies, Alvin went deep into booze and drugs, and was ultimately arrested for beating his wife while intoxicated. Nutty also claims to possess videos of Alvin hibernating with married Chippettes. The book further accuses Seville of digging up other rodent’s nuts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lang,

I, too, know the potential perils of speaking the truth in one's blog. I also write candidly - mostly about myself and all my exciting tea excursions. Fortunately, I find the portrayals of myself to be in a positive light and, therefore,know that I am giving my readers an accurate account of this tea lady and all my tea stories, so I have no issues. However, should I ever venture out to stories about my crummy dry cleaners - beware. I, too, may need blog insurance.

But, Lang, this sounds like a nuisance suit and this could be locked up in courts for years - just on discovery alone! If it doesn't get dismissed from the get-go, go after Alvin's opportunistic barrister. Sounds like a case of sour grape-nuts.

TL

E. Engman said...

TL,

Appreciate your support. We're hoping they just throw this out, but that Alvin is such a nut. Now someone is leaving disturbing messages on my phone -- heavy gnawing. I wonder who it could be?

L. jr.

Friends that help me support this site!