Monday, December 29, 2008

Israeli Commander Claims: "I Was Just Getting My Ball"

Israeli raids that have left hundreds dead in the Gaza Strip seem to have stemmed from a small misunderstanding. Israeli Colonel Yahim Broda explained to the press this morning that the incessant tank shelling and torpedo attacks were ordered simply to get his ball back.

"I threw my ball over the fence," explained Broda. "I'm just trying to get it back."

Palestian Hammas leader Yemas Chadury called the action "a little overzealous". "If he had called," Chadury stated, "we would have just kicked it back."

"Too late now, I guess," sighed Colonel Broda.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lang,

I think what the world needs now is a little cheer from Elvis. Ever seen "Tickle Me"? I hear it's hard to get a copy of, as it's very rare. (of course, autograph copies are no longer obtainable like contemporaries such as R.D. Steckler). Anyway,writers of Tickle Me also worked for the Three Stooges, so one can only imagine the budget that was required to acquire such a pool of talent. I have not seen the movie myself, but if I had a DVD at Rosings, I would!

Lady Catherin DB

E. Engman said...

LCdB,

I've only seen a few scenes from the masterpiece, not the whole enchilada. But I intend to brush up on it soon.

With the pedigree of the Stooges, I can only hope there is material suited to my favorite stooge, the fey Joe Besser: "Elvis, I've just seen MARS MEN!"

Then Elvis would break out in a tune called "Our Love is Out of the World", with appropriate crummy choreography.

L. Jr.

Friends that help me support this site!