Saturday, February 2, 2008

I Feel Pretty, thanks to Krog!

I have to admit, "Why Men Leave Home" (aka "The Secrets of Beauty") inspired a new look for me; I have taken Ern Westmore's tips (I'm an oval face) and discovered a lovelier, more confident Lang Jr.. Ern says he can make any woman look more beautiful -- I'm here to say it does the same for men as well. Hats off to Ern!

This run-of-the-mill husband-leaves-home film invokes naps, but has its moments. The "Fat Twins" from Arkansas sing like the Andrews Sisters, but take up more space. Ginger Prince's solo -- The Big Parade -- is fortunately short and unintelligible. Kroger Babb -- the man himself -- makes an appearance as a Hollywood producer. Ern Westmore could have a field day with Krog (a round face). Best part is the introduction at the convention, where the MC announces that Ern Westmore has worked at "Paramount, 20th Century Fox and...Hallmark Films," (Krog's vast cinema empire). Look for Krog's un-subtle pitch for his boozy classic "One Too Many" in Uncle Marty's office. Also, a lady does sit-ups wearing an evening dress.

Krog had success palming off his $1.00 "sex hygiene" manuals during roadshows for "Mom and Dad", but couldn't peddle too many $10.00 make-up kits with this dud. He would never "make-up" his earlier success.

No comments:

Friends that help me support this site!